Your support is vital to helping LutherCare Communities continue to provide excellence in care, shelter and support for current and future generations. Our fundraising is carried out by LutherCare Foundation, an independent organization formed for the sole purpose of raising funds and encouraging support for LutherCare Communities. The charitable registration number for LutherCare Foundation is 89074 5995 RR0001. The Foundation issues charitable receipts for donations of $20 or more.
LutherCare Communities continues to provide excellence in care, and in doing so, has taken on another big project to enhance the the quality of the lives of Luther Special Care Home and Luther Tower residents and tenants.
Both communities have worked together to develop a very exciting plan to improve the central courtyard that is enjoyed by tenants, residents and families of both locations. Some of the improvements ahead will include increased planting space, a sitting area directly adjacent to the special care home, a putting green, raised gardens, water feature, children's play structure and a timber frame gazebo where residents and tenants can enjoy gatherings with friends and family and enjoy the beautiful surroundings. We invite you to support this important cause.
Please see the Needs List for other needed items within the various departments of LutherCare Communities.
Ways to Give
This printable donation form gives you the option of donating by cheque, Visa or MasterCard. Your donation may be directed to a special cause within LutherCare Communities. It may also be given in memory of a person who has passed away or in honour of a living person.
Our online donations are handled by a registered charity named CanadaHelps. If you choose to give your donation this way, you will receive your charitable donation from CanadaHelps rather than from LutherCare Foundation. CanadaHelps will forward your donation to us, less a processing fee that is approximately the same as the fee we pay on our own credit card transactions.
The Memory Tree program gives you the opportunity to dedicate a leaf on one of the memory trees that have been placed in LutherCare’s various locations. Each leaf recognizes a donation of at least $100.
Stair Climb Challenge
Luther Tower, located at 1223 Temperance Street, has been a Saskatoon landmark since 1978. The annual LutherCare Foundation Stair Climb Challenge asks climbers to step to the top of the Tower to raise money for one of the important causes within LutherCare. For more information on the 5th Annual Stair Climb Challenge on February 10, 2017 click here.
Spring Fundraising Dinner
Gifts in Kind
LutherCare Foundation may issue charitable receipts for gifts of property, including the following:
- Gifts of publicly traded shares and stock options. Under certain circumstances the capital gains inclusion rate on such gifts is zero, which can help you achieve important tax benefits. Please consult your financial advisor.
- Gifts of equipment, such as wheelchairs, walkers, digital pianos, and appliances that can be used within LutherCare Communities. The receipt will be issued for the fair market value of the item at the time of the donation.
LutherCare Foundation encourages everyone to consider making planned, or deferred, gifts to the organizations that have been important to them throughout their lives. Such gifts help ensure that these organizations will continue to serve future generations. The most common types of planned gifts are a bequest in your will, or gifts of life insurance. Planned gifts can be structured to generate important tax benefits during your lifetime or for your estate. Please consult your financial advisor.
How Gifts are Used
Your donations directly benefit the residents and clients of LutherCare Communities. For example, funds raised through the Foundation made it possible for LutherCare Communities to:
- purchase a new accessible bus (2014);
- renovate the Richmond Room at Luther Heights (2014);
- expand the dining room on 1st floor at Luther Special Care Home (2014);
- complete renovations to the kitchen, dining room and lounge on 2nd floor at Luther Special Care Home (2012);
- build intermediate care homes at Luther Tower (2000) and Luther Heights (2009);
- renovate the dementia care unit at Luther Special Care Home, creating the smaller, more home-like Temperance and Munroe Neighbourhoods (2007);
- provide power beds for all 129 residents of Luther Special Care Home (2005);
- purchase needed equipment, such as bath tubs, lifts and an accessible bus (ongoing).